Banhos de S. Paulo - Sede Nacional da Ordem dos Arquitectos

Pierre-Joseph Pezerat, 1850

Manuel Graça Dias e Egas José Vieira, 1994

Felipe Jorge

Regular Visits

Visit to the space accompanied by our team of volunteers present at the location.

Accessibility Visits

Visits with adequate mediation for the following public: blind, low vision, deaf people or with intellectual disabilities.

Visita para pessoas cegas e com baixa visão, máx 5 pessoas

Maximum 15 people per visit

No reservation required; first-come, first-served

Photography allowed


The old Neoclassical building for the São Paulo baths, built over a source of chlorinated and sulphur-rich waters, was commissioned by the Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa in 1850. Today it is listed as a Building of Public Interest. Extensive remodelling work was begun in 1991. The central patio was maintained as the dominant space and the original chimneys were restored. Contrasting with the austere Neoclassical façade, the building’s interior is full of formal exuberance and colour. Now the headquarters of the Association of Architects, the building maintains its original name in spite of the remodelling project and change of use.


Travessa do Carvalho, 23

Directions: Google Maps / Apple Maps

Public Transport

Bus: 15E, 714, 728, 732, 735, 736, 758, 760, 774

Subway: Cais do Sodré (Linha Verde)

Train: Cais do Sodré (Linha de Cascais)

Boat: Cais do Sodré